Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String

Growing up I listened to this odd collection of music (thanks mom and dad) of Motown on 8-track and Country, 50s music and musicals on reel-to-reel or record. To say my musical preferences are eclectic would be an understatement. Am I music guru, no. I know what I like and I could care less if everyone agrees with me or not.

Listening to Adele's new album 21 and it sounds like a cross of what my parents would separately listen to. Old country was like Rhythm & Blues in the aspect that there was soul to the music. You heard the wail of the singer and emotion they were conveying you felt with every note. I know that's why I enjoy her music so much, plus it reminds me of sitting outside on a summer day with a whiskey and honey on the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment