Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Burden of Proof

Over the weekend my friend and I got into a heated discussion about what neighborhood she worked in. I told her she worked in Lincoln Park. She decided to argue with me and say it was Lakeview.

At this I laughed, it was cute, she was trying to tell me I was wrong. I know the area, I know exactly where she works and she works no where near Lakeview. She even tried to tell me there were signs around the area stating Lakeview. I laughed again and said to her, "I know I'm right and you're continuing to argue with me about it. At this point the burden of proof lies with you. I don't need convincing, I know I'm right."

Well I forgot about it and the next day she tells me, "you were right." I forgot what I was right about, because well...my mind hasn't gotten capacity for things unless someone refreshes me. "Of course I was, about what?" "I work in Lincoln Park." "Yes, I know this." Then it dawns on me the argument we had the day before. She proceeds to tell me that the signs she remembers seeing were on the way to work and not exactly around where she works.

Here's why I knew I was right, I've been shopping in that area for years and loved that section of the Lincoln Park neighborhood known as Sheffield Gardens. No one messes with me and shopping, I can always get to the mothership. Recognize.

Moral of the story, arguing with me is pointless. Either I think I'm right, most times when I'm that adamant I am and I will put the burden of proof on you. Or, I'll forget and won't care what the argument is about and you bringing it up is childish, the argument is over. So I win either way.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. Yes, you are always right!

    But I love the pulling the burden of proof card on someone... I have to use that one!

    And great Blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a little blog bling on mommysstillfabulous.com

    Stop by and enjoy, lady!

    ReplyDelete