Friday, May 6, 2011

Seis de Mayo

There are holidays I don't celebrate...let's face it because I don't understand what the fuss is over. Here I compiled you a list:
  • Valentine's Day
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Lent (only when non-believers participate)
  • Cinco de Mayo
Recently a bunch of non-Mexican folks (I'm thinking even the ones who want to deport "them illegals" back to Mexico) and some Mexican folks celebrated Cinco de Mayo. The day when mass consumption of tacos, tequilas and margaritas is considered appropriate. I call that Tuesday.

I just want people to explain to me how these three (I realize Lent is important to believers) days are more than glorified days to drink.

1 comment:

  1. Cinco de Mayo- an excuse to drink

    Lent-A time of not drinking so you can feel all excited about when you go back to drinking.

    St. Patrick's Day- an excuse to drink

    Valentine's Day-an excuse to remind you that you are alone. So alone. Oh God Why!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete