Friday, June 25, 2010

...and We're Back! (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)



It was suggested I wait a few days or even a week before posting this, but when have I been known to listen to suggestions? I wrote this on Monday, but being the slacker that I am I finally found the right pictures (two are not mine, you can determine which one it is).

I am back from NYC after three whirlwind days of traipsing around Midtown, Central Park and Murray Hill. Borrowing a format from my friend MommysStillFab I decided to bypass my normal diatribes and go with this.

The Good
  • Seeing Central Park by foot and rickshaw
  • Viewing Lower Manhattan 86 floors up in the Empire State Building
  • Midtown, in all it's touristia-chic it's a lovely place
  • Radio City Music Hall, the place has got to be one of the best places to ever see a concert in
  • I'm pretty sure I sat where a Broadway star sat during the Tony's the week before
  • My last boy band concert for a long while
  • How quickly taxi drivers got to places
  • No Sales Tax on clothing, what?!
  • Starbucks on every corner
  • Seeing a college friend I hadn't seen in over a decade
  • Red Mango frozen yogurt. YUM! YUM! YUM!
  • Being able to stay in an apt for free instead of paying a lot of money for a hotel room



The Bad
  • Trash on the street at night
  • The potential to run into rats with balls, ew!
  • Not being able to get a taxi easily
  • Lack of cleanliness in the subways
  • Little sleep

The Ugly
  • Patty with little sleep after three days
  • and I'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING the new look... Who did you see in NYC? Stacy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can thank Blogger for the new look, I loved this one the most. I saw my friend Jocelyn. I didn't see Stacy, but isn't she north of NYC?

    ReplyDelete