Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book Review: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

A few years ago a friend of mine suggested I read a book title "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" by Tucker Max. She said it was funny and that her and her boyfriend were reading it together. So here I am in the checkout line with this book in my hand thinking, "ugh! I'm not reading any book that they're reading together. What kind of kama sutra shit is this?" I put the book back down and continue with my purchases.

After I was pissed off at Borders downtown I decided to buy some books. I see the Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off and figured I deserve some laughs and an expensive taxi ride home to make up for the failed book purchases (I went there to get a textbook that no one seemed to find even though their jacked up computer system said it was in stock.) That's how this book ended up in my hands.




I started reading it and throughout I would be torn between laughing my ass off to thinking that the biggest asshole on the planet wrote a book. Through it all though, I could appreciate a few things, he didn't lie. He admits what size of an asshole he is and was. There are a few points that he states and which I have been saying for over a decade. Women who fuck around with assholes have serious self-esteem issues and/or daddy issues. My friends who don't have these issues don't stick around to get mentally fucked by some idiot who has self-esteem and/or daddy issues of his own which is why he's such a fucking dick.

No excuses though, so if you want a few laughs go to the library and borrow it, owning it really just makes you feel like you're setting back the feminist movement back decades. The best stories involve SlingBlade, those are the ones that almost made me fall out of my El seat laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment