Thursday, March 24, 2011

Self-Imposed Exile

Have you ever just taken a couple of days or weeks and just shut the outside world out?

Practically everyone I know is a social butterfly despite my best efforts to not be one, that seems to only draw them near. So when I feel overloaded by humanity, especially right before season changes, I find myself cancelling any plans that I made to stay at home and just be with me.

This appears weird to some people and very anti-social. Believe me, during week 2 when I was more than happy to spend a weekend at home I questioned whether depression was a factor. I googled, I'm not depressed, in fact I was blissfully happy.

Nothing dramatic happened to me, people didn't piss me off or upset me, and when people tried to engage me in an argument I just shrugged it off and stopped the conversation with, "I have to go, it was great talking to you, but I'm hanging up now. Bye!" in a very pleasant tone.

All good things must come to an end and spending all this solo time can become addicting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment